Saturday, November 2, 2019

Here's to Another Sucessful Day

Welcome back to The Daily Maker everyone!

       So today we at Chaos Creationz were set up at the Mt. Airy Senior Center Holiday Craft Fair. For a relatively small fair they had a lot of very interesting Vendors. I made several new friends and met some old ones today. The bake table had some lovely cookies and cakes for sale. Very reasonably priced too. Though I had a smaller display then my usual 10x10 we still sold relatively well.

Many of the crafts featured at my booth are created by yours truly. My Grandmother helps make some of my stock. She makes our flower crowns. We start with a base of honeysuckle vine strip it of leaves and weave them into different sized crowns. She has a great eye for colors and all of her crowns are different. Fun for all ages, just because your an adult doesn't mean you can't let fantasy touch your life.
 My daughter Alena and my grandmother both collaborate making the products for my daughters half of the shop. Alena's Happy Little Owl Shop. Owl bracelets for $5.00. Each bracelet has an owl somewhere and boy does she make a killing! I swear she puts car salesmen to shame with how much of a hard sell she is. It's adorable though and it's actually how she earns her pocket money. Though we're definitely being smart about it and putting a good chunk in savings.




 A recent edition to my shop are these fantastic prints done by local artist and dear friend of mine Mrs. Terri Fabula. She is a wonderful lady with an awesomely quirky personality. It really shines through in the paintings she does. With an awesome eye for color and subject placement all of her paintings are a joy to behold. She really brings a whimsical beauty to what she paints with pops of color in all the right places.
 Dream catchers, oh how we would all like to catch a dream and hold it tight. While unfortunately mine can't make dreams come true they can certainly brighten up the room. With vibrant feathers and stunning focal points each one is a joy to behold. I even create rustic ones with floral arrangements on the outside just for something a wee bit different.
 No family business would be complete without everyone contributing something. While not handmade my husbands 3D printer can certainly spin up some masterpieces. The cool part is that each piece is 100% paintable with regular acrylic paint.
Then of course last but not least are my staples so far. My jewelry and my leather work, both time consuming both entirely different styles and I absolutely love it. Soon I will be adding metal and wood work to the mix but for right now I have a little bit for everyone.





        Wrapping up for the time being I would just like to say, Here's to a successful show! Look for me next week Nov. 16, 11 am - 4 pm at the Chaos Creationz Booth at The ChristKindlMarkt at Union Mills Homestead on Rt. 97 towards PA.
Hope you have a crafty weekend.
Blessings Ya'll
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment

To anyone who wishes to comment on this blog please remember to be courteous to your fellow reader. Thank you for your patronage.