Thursday, October 24, 2019

Welcome To The Daily Maker!

Hello Viewers!
      Welcome to the Daily Maker, this has been something of a vision of mine for quite a number of years now. Since I am new to you let me introduce myself. My name is Andi maker extraordinare! Well not really but it's what I wish to become. My goal here with The Daily Maker is to help showcase different projects from inception to completion, inspire my viewers into trying something new and even if you don't wish to try it yourself but wish to meet the maker for a commission or two showcase local area venues that your makers are going to be at.

     I have three core values that I both live by and wish to share with you my viewer through this blog. The first is my absolute favorite of course.
I am talking about INSPIRATION!

    Inspiration can be achieved through the smallest of actions whether its contemplating some problem that needs a solution. Looking at the scenery around you and wishing to share the moment, even a small act of kindness for a stranger all of these can inspire in different ways. You never know how your perception of the world around you can change things if you just share them.

The second value is RESPECT!
   
    Respect is my second value here because as an Artist critique is common and to many people openly criticize and judge hastily. Yes everyone has an opinion and is entitled to said opinion but openly degrading opinions need to be kept on a short leash. They do nothing for the Artists and only show the ugly side of the viewer. No one says you have to agree all the time but civility is much preferred over discourtesy.

The third and final value is GROWTH!

     Everyday represents an opportunity to grow mentally, physically and spiritually. You never know what might encourage you to grow as a person. Myself well I have found a variety of things over the years. My daughter leading the charge on that one. Raising her is what got me out of the dead end rut I was in emotionally. Now I wouldn't say I am personally successful by any means. That's my end goal. However between her and my husband they have given me the drive to reach for the stars and I will get there and so will you my viewer.

The idea and inception of Chaos Creationz, my business.

    So a while ago I decided that as a mom the 9-5 Corporate world was not for me. I wanted to see my daughter grow up and working 9 to 14 hour days just did not sit well with me. I know that a lot of people do it and I commend those that do. It's just not for me, that said I sat down and started brain storming a solution. So I took a look at my skills, I've always been crafty and artistic and I was pretty decent at sales from years of Girl Scout cookie selling so I set about making basic costume jewelry and vending shows.

    The idea had been kicking about in my mind ever since talking to two vendors one Growing up, a lady bless her I can not remember her name. I met her at the Festival of trees in Timonium Md. She had the most exotic booth and her hair was always in dreadlocks. I thought she was the coolest so I befriended her. Her booth was the only one with dragons. Over the years of going I always looked forward to catching up with her she always reminded me of a modern day Gypsy. Jovial and kind she eventually let me help her when I attended. I always thought that I really want to do this on my own one day. She was my inspiration sharing with me the idea of a community of crafters from which she hailed. A communal living situation for people who balked at the traditional way of life and wished for a simpler path.

    My second inspiration was a gentleman who I met at Gettysburg Bike Week. He makes and sells Magnetic Jewelry. I was up there visiting my mother who works with one of the other vendors and was looking for something to do til she was done. This gentleman took notice of the necklace I had made and was wearing and complimented me on it. After I thanked him he set aside what he was doing and we started talking. He described how he had started what he was doing and how he grew to become one of the larger Jewelry vendors for bikers here in Maryland. But the biggest tip of his that I took with me was that no matter what I should never give up on my goals.

   It's funny how two people who both showed me a small kindness one humoring a child and the other striking up a conversation with a bored young adult, could have such a profound effect on my life. This year around June I launched my business officially and since I have vended at five different events locally in Maryland by the years end I will have done nine. The best part is that I actually truly enjoy what I am doing and have been invited to other events since. I never imagined the fanciful dreams of my younger self would ever hold water but maybe if you slowly plug up all the holes in a pipe dream one day it just might.

This is Andi With Chaos Creationz
Signing off for the day
Days Blessings Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

To anyone who wishes to comment on this blog please remember to be courteous to your fellow reader. Thank you for your patronage.